Last update: 23 April 2022
The Hall, Supper Room and Kitchen are currently open for limited events. The Theatre will open later in 2022, on a date to be finalised.
The Twyford is committed to keeping all of our volunteers, staff, contractors, visiting cast and crew and audiences safe.
Conditions of Entry
- If you are feeling unwell, please get tested, self-isolate and do NOT attend the venue
- If you test positive to COVID-19 you must self-isolate for 7 days from the date of your positive test and follow the testing positive to COVID-19 and managing COVID-19 safely at home advice.
- If a volunteer, staff or crew member tests positive and has been in the venue during the infectious period please advise the Operations Manager or a Board member. The privacy of persons reporting their medical condition must be respected.
- Household and close contacts do not need to self-isolate if you do not have any symptoms, but must follow NSW Health household and close contact guidelines for 7 days from the last time someone in your household tested positive to COVID-19, or as otherwise directed by NSW Health if you are a close contact.
- If volunteer, staff or crew member are a household or close contact, the following provisions apply:
- Household and close contacts should be allowed to work from home where practicable.
- Management will undertake a risk assessment before approving a household or close contact returning to the venue if they cannot work from home.
- Household and close contacts are asked to do a rapid antigen test before they attend the venue, even if they don’t have symptoms.
- Household and close contacts should wear masks except while eating or drinking or where a mask could create a safety issue.
- Household and close contacts are not to use shared facilities such as the kitchen at the same time as other people.
- Household and close contacts may be allocated work that involves minimal interaction with other people and/or in well-ventilated areas or outdoors, where possible.
- Household and close contacts are encouraged to maintain physical distancing from others at all times.
- For events staged by or crewed by The Twyford front of house volunteers and staff and stage and technical crew will continue to wear masks and maintain social distancing where possible during rehearsals and performances to reduce risks to casts and crew as well as audience members. Please be aware that touring companies may be operating under stricter COVID-safety protocols, particularly for interstate artists and crews or NSW artists going on to tour to other states where rules may differ – shows and livelihoods are at high risk if company members become ill on tour.
- Mask wearing and booster vaccinations are still strongly encouraged for everyone coming into the venue.
- Sanitising of hands and of frequently touched surfaces (door handles, switches, tables, chairs, benches etc) is still required.
- There are no density restrictions other than the normal capacity limits of each space, as denoted by fire safety regulations.
- Use debit and credit cards to avoid cash handling where possible and make use of online and self-serve transactions. Contactless EFTPOS machines can be hired from your bank.
The Twyford provides a 24/7 online ticketing service for events for a small fee.
- COVID safety plans are no longer required.
- Continue to monitor NSW Health requirements up to and during your event as they may change at short notice
More details can be found at: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
Venue capacity limits
COVID density restrictions no longer apply, however capacity is still regulated in accordance with fire safety limits – see venues.
Resources available in The Twyford include:
- 1 x perspex sneeze barrier
- 2 x 2.1m crowd control barriers
- Social distancing signage including floor decals
- Contactless forehead thermometer for temperature checks – on request
- 2 x mobile hands-free sanitising stations.
Note: black switch on the left hand side must be turned on before it will operate. Please turn off when your event finishes to preserve batteries. Only clear gel sanitising fluid may be used in these stations.
- Frequently used surfaces should be cleaned at least daily using the pre-diluted pink sanitising fluid in spray bottles provided by the cleaner. This fluid is for use on surfaces only (eg shared tools, door handles, railings, tables, chairs, benches, lift buttons etc) and must NOT be used in the sanitising stations or for hand-sanitising.
- Hirers to provide their own personal protective equipment (PPE) if needed – used items must be disposed of appropriately.
If you have any questions about your obligations, please contact us.
COVID Testing information can be found HERE.